Dharma Drum Singapore was set up by a group of Buddhists who were determined in propagating orthodox Buddhist dharma. Working together as one, we strive towards our common vision – "Uplift the character of humanity and build a pure land on Earth".
We were originally located at Arcadia Garden. Since then we have shifted a total of six times:
- Year 1996 at Arcadia Garden;
- Year 1997 at Balmoral Plaza;
- Year 1998 to 2002 at Pearl’s Centre;
- Year 2003 to 2004 at Apollo Centre;
- Year 2005 to 2006 at Lam Ann Building;
- Year 2007 to 2013 at 100A Duxton Road;
- 13 April 2013 moved to 龙泉寺@38 Carpmael Road;
- 26 Feb 2017 all items were kept in warehouse, office was relocated to temporary location wef 29 March.
We are currently actively searching for a suitable site to continue our activities.
Currently we have 7 members in our executive committee, actively organizing activities and upholding the Dharma Drum Mountain spirit.
Our common interests groups include Chan Meditation group, Buddhist Scriptures Recital group, Education group, Spiritual Environment group, Dharma Drum Youth group, Study group, Environmental group, Building Fund Raising group, Activities group and Volunteer group. We strive to propagate Buddhism through Dharma Drum Mountain’s Three Fold Education – Extensive Academic Education, Extensive Public Buddhist Education and Extensive Social Care Education, by organizing weekly and major events throughout the year.
Dharma Drum Singapore upholds the Dharma Drum Mountain spirit and practices the vision, spirit, principles and methods taught by DDM founder, Master Sheng Yen.
We are devoted to continue the propagation of Chan Buddhism to every part of the world, dedicating oneself to accomplish a greater good for the benefits of all sentient beings.